We’re down in Texas this week visiting some friends and for you loyal readers of the Turkey Sandwich Report, you know that means one thing: a Turkey Sandwich from the Gristmill.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to accompany Mrs. Turkey Sandwich as she made the trek from Austin down to New Braunfels for dinner at the Gristmill last night. But when she came back from the journey, she delivered a perfect Turkey Sandwich. And THAT’S why she’s Mrs. Turkey Sandwich, people.
Unlike the Men’s Basketball Final Four, we’re going to have some battle royales in the Turkey Sandwich Final Four.
In our first National Semifinal, we have Mendelson’s of Denver, CO taking on Pat’s Philly Cheesesteaks also of Denver, CO.
The Tale of the Tape
- Mendelson’s is a Boar’s Head Deli, Pat’s uses REAL (not processed Turkey) – PUSH
- Mendelson’s has at least 4 styles of Turkey, Pat’s has two Turkey Sandwiches – Advantage Mendelson’s
- Mendelson’s has triple decker Turkey Sandwiches, Pat’s has a sandwich that is as long as my arm – PUSH
- Parking at Mendelson’s is a pain in the ass, parking at Pat’s (downtown) is a pain in the ass – PUSH
In the end, Mendelson’s noses out Pat’s because of their Turkey Sandwich selection. Pat’s is a strong competitor, but Mendelson’s goes to the final.
In our second National Semifinal, Lori’s Boars Head Deli of Evergreen, CO takes on The Gristmill of New Braunfels, TX.
Tale of the Tape
- Lori’s is a Boar’s Head deli, Gristmill has kickass Turkey too – PUSH
- Lori’s has a really good deli mustard, Gristmill has prime sauce – Advantage Gristmill
- Lori’s is at a gas station, Gristmill is an old mill on the Guadalupe River – Advantage Gristmill
All of the Turkey Sandwich prognoticators were picking an all Boar’s Head Deli match-up in the finals, but in a huge upset, The Gristmill has defeated Lori’s.
That sets up a Championship of Mendelson’s vs. The Gristmill. Colorado vs. Texas. Wow.