A couple weeks back, I made the pilgrimage down to Cape Girardeau, MO for the Southeast Missouri State University Homecoming. Normal college homecomings revolve around a football game. SEMO’s homecoming revolves around drinking…at least for me.
Our normal schedule is:
- 3PM Friday – start drinking
- 5PM Friday – go to the Playdium
- 10PM Friday – go to the Fraternity House for a Party
- 3AM Saturday – pass out (when I was in college I would stay up all night)
- 6AM Saturday – screwdrivers and donuts
- 9AM Saturday – keep drinking at whatever party
- 3PM Saturday – find a Turkey Sandwich
- 4PM Saturday – take a nap
For me, it is literally a 24 hour sprint. It’s not a marathon. I’m like the Usain Bolt of Homecoming and I sprint. Hard.
I ended up at the Cape Girardeau Jimmy John’s right on schedule for my 3PM Turkey Sandwich. It did not disappoint. In fact, it was so damn good, that I am now officially dubbing it my official Hangover Sandwich.